NStEP is delighted to launch a new professional development opportunity in partnership with the National Forum for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning. The new open course, Steps to Partnership, is aligned with the new NStEP framework and aims to support the development of authentic student engagement in decision-making and a culture of students as partners in their learning community.

The first delivery of the open course is now open to nominations from each of NStEP’s 28 participating higher education institutions, and will run for a period of 7 weeks from the 15th October. Institutional leads (NStEP key contacts) are asked to nominate a limited number of staff members to participate in the first run of the open course. In 2022, NStEP will seek to further roll-out Steps to Partnership to a wider audience.

Nominations from participating institutions are encouraged by close of business Wednesday, 6th October 2021.

Text from promotional image above:

NStEP launches new professional development opportunity for higher education staff!
  • Explore the concepts of student voice, student engagement, and student partnership.
  • Develop meaningful and authentic approaches to student engagement in decision-making. 
  • Identify good practice in student engagement and partnership. 
  • Create a plan for student engagement and partnership within your professional context. 

NStEP participating institutions are invited to nominate 2 or 3 staff members to enroll on the open course for Autumn 2021.
For further information, visit studentengagement.ie/staff-open-course/ or opencourses.ie
Activities and webinars for this course will run from 15th October until 3rd December 2021. A facilitator course will take place in January 2022. 
Email nstep@usi.ie to confirm nominated staff members. To confirm nominations, you must be a designated NStEP key contact for your institution.